Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 Memory Review
By Olin Coles
Manufacturer: Patriot Memory
Product Name: Viper Steel DDR4 PC4-28800 3600 MHz Gaming Memory
Model Number: PE000636-PVS416G360C7K
Price As Tested: $169.99 (Newegg | Amazon)
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Patriot.
Once upon a time consumer memory kits were plain and boring, with bare RAM modules exposing the sensitive components. Then, in 2003, the Patriot Memory series changed landscape by adding metal heat shields to dissipate heat away from the IC’s. Not only did this add a fresh new look to SDRAM, but it offered stability for overclockers. Fifteen years later, Patriot Memory is still assembling their own SDRAM modules and evolving the technology. In this article for Benchmark Reviews, we examine Patriot’s new Viper Steel DDR4 PC4-28800 3600 MHz gaming memory.
Features and Specifications provided below are supplied courtesy Patriot Memory.
Viper Steel DDR4 Features
• Series: Viper Steel DDR4
• Edition: Gunmetal grey sides with diamond-cutting Viper logo / Black top
• Aluminum heat spreader with unique and specific design element
• Compatibility: Tested on the latest Intel premium/high-end platforms and i7 processors
• Limited lifetime warranty
• Capacity: 16GB (2 x 8GB)
• Base Frequency: PC4-17000 (2133 MHz)
• Base Timings: 15-15-15-36
• Tested Frequency: PC4-28800 (3600 MHz)
• Tested Timings: 17-19-19-39
• Voltage: 1.35V
• Format: NON-ECC Unbuffered DIMM
• Pin Out: 288-Pin
Hello, are this modules using Samsung B-Die?
This site says yes.