Patriot Viper Black RGB DDR4 Memory Preview
By Olin Coles
Manufacturer: Patriot Memory
Product Name: Viper Black RGB DDR4 PC4-28800 3600 MHz Gaming Memory
Model Number: PE000707-PVR432G360C7K
Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Patriot.
For the longest time, system memory kits were merely a set of chips exposed atop a printed circuit board. Then, in 2003, Patriot Memory changed the landscape by adding metal heat shields to dissipate heat away from the IC’s. Not only did this add a fresh new look to SDRAM, but it offered stability for overclockers. Fifteen years later, Patriot Memory is still assembling their own SDRAM modules and evolving the technology. In this article for Benchmark Reviews, we examine Patriot’s new Viper Black RGB DDR4 PC4-28800 3600 MHz gaming memory.
Features and Specifications provided below are supplied courtesy Patriot Memory.
Viper Black RGB DDR4 Features
• Series: Viper RGB
• Edition: Black sides with Silver Viper logo
• Aluminum heat spreader with unique and specific design element
• Feature Overclock: XMP 2.0 support for automatic overclocking
• Easy to use software application
• 5 Customizable RGB zones to add some flare to your PC
• Compatibility: Tested on the latest Intel premium/high-end platforms and i7 processors
• Compatible with lead motherboard partners’ RGB Sync application
• Limited lifetime warranty
• Capacity: 32GB (2 x 16GB)
• Base Frequency: PC4-17000 (2133MHz)
• Base Timings: 15-15-15-36
• Voltage: 1.2V
• Tested Frequency: PC4-28800 (3600MHz)
• Tested Timings: 17-19-19-39
• Tested Voltage: 1.35V
• Format: NON-ECC Unbuffered DIMM
Viper Black RGB DDR4 Memory Overview
Designed with XMP 2.0 support, Patriot’s Viper Black RGB 3600 MHz gaming memory, model number PVS416G360C7K, PC4-28800 kit includes two 16GB modules, viper decals, and an installation guide.
Patriot specifies Viper Black RGB’s standard JEDEC ‘Base Frequency’ as PC4-17000 (2133 MHz), and markets the kit as PC4-28800 to match its tested XMP speed of 3600 MHz. We used AIDA64 to verify these speeds, and thoroughly tested each module for stability without issue – even beyond 3600 MHz.
The Patriot Viper Black RGB memory series offers gamers a DDR4 solution available with five customizable RGB lighting zones, with each memory module adorned with a functional black heatshield design.
While gaming memory is often subjected to harsh overclocking that can reduce the product’s lifespan, Patriot offers their Viper Black RGB series with a limited lifetime warranty.
Available with black aluminum heatshields, Viper Black RGB offers improved heat dissipation for stable performance. If grey isn’t to your liking and RGB color schemes are desired, then Patriot has that covered, too.
Construction is solid for these modules, and the aluminum heat spreader adds to the durability. Patriot offers a limited lifetime warranty on their Viper Black RGB DDR4 series, so if there is every a concern consumers may submit a service request ticket to Patriot here or email tech support at [email protected].
Most Recent Comments